The city of Dallas and Dallas County, in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, have issued regulations requiring all restaurants to suspend dine-in options. But many of your favorites are now offering take-out and delivery, often with curbside service.
Arnold Wayne Jones posted this list of such options earlier today. Now here are more.
(Also remember that you can help local restaurants by buying their gift cards to use now or later. Maybe buy a to-go meal for now and a gift card for when everything is back up and running normal.)
UPDATES AND NEW ADDITIONS TO THE LIST
NELSON’S, BLU’S BBQ & LIBERTY BURGERS
Nelson’s Seafood, Steaks and Cocktails, 17602 Preston Road, has a drive-thru window and a full bar while you wait for your order. See their menu here; call them at 469-372-0410.
Blu’s BBQ, located at 17630 Preston Road and recently featured in both Texas Monthly and D Magazine, has a walk-up window. Order online here or call 972-316-7478.
Liberty Burger, with several locations around Dallas, offers delivery via DoorDash. Check their menu and locations here.
APPLE TEXAS CLOSING SOME APPLEBEE’S LOCATIONS
Apple Texas, which owns and operates 62 Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar restaurants in Texas, has decided to temporarily close 19 Texas locations. Tthe rest will move to to-go and delivery only effective immediately.
Locations scheduled to temporarily close, effective Saturday, March 21, are: Cedar Hill, Mansfield, Medallion, Denton, Georgetown, Lake Worth, Grapevine, Waco, Cleburne, Tyler, College Station, Taylor, South Crosby, South Terrell, Sherman, Lufkin, Grand Avenue, South Brenham and Corsicana.
Delivery via Uber Eats and Doordash is free to all customers through the end of March.
“No vontact delivery” (door to door, food left in front of door, guest to car) is available at all locations.
These restaurants based in Dallas and Harris counties are only offering to-go or delivery: Katy, 18th Street in Houston, Irving, Wallisville in Houston, Atascocita in Humble, Pasadena, Oak Cliff, Garland, Mesquite, Duncanville, Rowlett, Carrollton and Richardson.
SNOOZE: AN AM EATERY HOSTING VIRTUAL BRUNCH
Snooze: An AM Eatery — with locations on Oak Lawn, on Walnut Hill Lane and on Beltline Road — is hosting an ’80s-themed Virtual Brunch this Saturday and Sunday, March 21-22, from 6:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. each day. Order ahead online today at Order.SnoozeEatery.com. Delivery is free on orders over $10. rSVP at the Snooze Facebook page.
Just to make sure we are clear on the concept: this brunch is totally virtual, as Snooze locations are currently promoting take-out and delivery offerings.
Hunky’s Old-Fashioned Hamburgers is open for pick-up and delivery with DoorDash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats, or Chow Now. Hours are 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fireside Pies now offers $10 pizzas, $10 salads, 1/2 prices bottles of wine (delivery only) and 1/2 prices beer bottles and cans (delivery only. *Third Party delivery partners like Favor, Door Dash and Uber are not delivering the wine and beer because they have moved to contact-free delivery and will not check ID’s. Please call to order.
ROY G’S, the newest restaurant on the Cedar Springs Strip, is closing, effective today (Thursday, March 19), through May 1. They will return, owners said “with a big new launch to the Strip.”
Cedar Springs Tap House has announced that, with the Dallas City Council’s decision to extend the disaster declaration through April 29, the restaurant will. be closed until the declaration is lifted.
Fireside Pies is now offering a $45 Family Box: Choose one appetizer, two salads, two pizzas, one pasta and one dessert from a select menu. The restaurant will be offering curbside services for all to-go and pickup orders. Call your Fireside Pies location upon arrival to provide the make and model of your car as well as the name the order is under.
Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is offering a special four-course menu for $50, three-course for $45 and two-course for $29, all available for to-go. The steakhouse is also offering three kids meal items. For dine-out orders, guests should call the nearest location to place an order for pickup or curbside delivery. On Fridays, guests can order Perry’s Famous Pork Chop Friday Lunch special — a lunch-cut portion served with whipped potatoes and homemade applesauce for $16 — for pickup on Fridays only from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Perry’s changed its hours to serve lunch Monday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and dinner Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cremona Bistro is open for delivery and take-out.
Tommy’s Hamburger Grill and Patio in Fort Worth is offering curbside pick-up and to go orders and delivery through the FAVOR app. For information call 817-920-1776.
Nerdvana Frisco is closing until further notice as of Wednesday, March 18. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taqueria Ventana restaurants on Cedar Springs and in Addison are now both open for take-out and curbside service, to allow customers to get their food without having to go into the restaurant. Both locations are open from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., and “can stay open later if needed,” according to a spokesperson.
The gayborhood location is located at 3847 Cedar Springs Road. For you northeners, the Addison location 4180 Belt Line Road.
In other news from Local Favorite Restaurants, “for the safety of our guests and employees,” Tulum, at 4216 Oak Lawn Ave., is closed until further notice. Follow the restaurant on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with the latest news from Tulum.
Several El Fenix restaurants, however, are now offering the $5.99 Enchilada Wednesday special all day, every day, for a limited time. It is available for curbside service and kids eat free for takeout.
More take-out and delivery options
Offering Curbside Services
- Fireside Pies will be offering curbside services for all to-go and pickup orders. Call your Fireside Pies location upon arrival to provide the make and model of your car as well as the name the order is under.
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille will be offering curbside services for all to-go and pickup orders.
- Bob’s Steak and Chop House on Lemmon Avenue will be offering curbside and delivery services for all to-go and pickup orders. Bob’s will deliver in a five-mile radius and require a minimum two-entree order for delivery. To place your order, call Bob’s Steak & Chop House Lemmon Avenue at 214-528-9446.
- UP Inspired Kitchen: Through April 30, guests can receive $5 off delivery orders of $15 or more with code LIVEUP when they order through the UP Inspired Kitchen app (available on iOS & Android) or online.
- Original ChopShop: Guests can get free delivery on all orders over $20 with code CHOPCARES.
- bellagreen: Guests can get free delivery on all orders over $20 with code BELLACARES.
- Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom will have free delivery with DoorDash for all first-time users and a 99-cent delivery fee for returning users through March 30.
- Genghis Grill: All first time Genghis Grill orders on DoorDash will get free delivery through March 30.
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina: On food orders of $15 or more, with a purchase of a Coke product, On The Border will offer a $5 discount. Must enter code OTBCOKE on DoorDash to redeem offer. *Valid at participating locations only.
- The Rustic: When ordering carry out from Bowl & Barrel, guests will receive a $15 gift with every entree purchased during this time. The gift card is valid for dine-in only for 30 days after restaurants reopen.
- Bowl & Barrel: When ordering carry out from Bowl & Barrel, guests will receive a $15 gift with every entree purchased during this time. The gift card is valid for dine-in only for 30 days after restaurants reopen.
- Original ChopShop will take $5 off all to-go orders placed online or over the phone.
- Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar: All third party delivery orders will receive a free cookie.
- When using WAITR/Bite Squad: Free Delivery for all orders over $30 for the next 30 days with the code WALKONS. This start date is intended to go live March 17 and extend 30 days thereafter.
- When using DoorDash: New guests get free delivery on first order. Deal is applied automatically. Existing DoorDash users can get 99-cent delivery. Deal is applied automatically.
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is introducing a special three-course menu available for to-go. The steakhouse has curated a prix-fixe menu including a salad, entrée and dessert for $45 per person; or a two-course lunch selection including a salad and a lunch portion entrée or a lunch portion entrée and dessert for $29. For dine-out orders, guests should call the nearest location to place an order for pickup or curbside delivery. On Fridays, guests can order Perry’s Famous Pork Chop Friday Lunch special — a lunch-cut portion served with whipped potatoes and homemade applesauce for $16 — for pickup on Fridays only from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch is now available Monday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Genghis Grill is offering 20% off any carryout or online order when guests mention the code GGTOGO, or they can enter the code online at checkout to redeem through March 22.
- Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom: Spend $25 and receive a free pizza. *This offer is valid for any pizza of any size with code PIZZA.