A fire in the alley behind Alexandre’s damaged the back outside wall of the building. (Photo courtesy of Lee Daugherty)

UPDATE: Lee Daugherty, own of Alexandre’s bar at 4026  Cedar Springs Road, said today (Thursday, Oct. 28) thata fire set by an arsonist at the outside back wall of the building on Wednesday caused extensive damage to the power lines and electrical wiring, forcing the bar until repairs can be made.

Daugherty told Dallas Voice he has had several electricians come out today to assess the damage and offer estimates on repairs. They have told him the bar will be closed at least a week, “best case scenario — if parts can be found.”

Daugherty has also started a fundraising page on Facebook — the Alexandre’s Workers’ Fund — for employees who will be without work — and therefore without income — until the bar can re-open. He stressed that 100 percent of the money raised through this effort will go to the bar’s employees.

ORIGINAL POST: A fire in the alley behind Alexandre’s during the bar’s happy hour today (Wednesday, Oct. 27) left the club without electricity. But no one was injured, and there was no damage to the interior of the club, according to owner Lee Daugherty.

The photo above and the video below, recorded by Clinton Kemp, were provided to Dallas Voice by Daugherty.

“Thanks to everyone who joined us at happy hour today, thankfully no one was hurt and everyone remained calm and supportive,” a post on Alexandre’s Facebook page noted. “Alexandre’s is without power and awaiting Oncor to access damages; we’ll be closed this evening. Please follow the page for future announcements.”

Daugherty said the fire at his bar, located at 4026 Cedar Springs Road, was the latest of several that have been set in the gayborhood area recently. He also said he was told authorities have a suspect in the string of fires.

Daugherty, who announced earlier today on his Facebook page that he has COVID-19, was monitoring the situation from his home.

— Tammye Nash