Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m.
for that week’s issue.
• Through Feb. 8: Register for Senior Games
Register for Dallas 2019 Senior Games that take place Feb. 28-March 10. Fun walk and fun run, basketball, bowling, corn hole, golf, pickleball, swimming, table tennis, tennis, track & field and on March 16 cycling. Contact 214-671-1602 or email@example.com. Info at DallasParks.org.
• Feb. 1-2 Out for Health
Out for Health is a medical conference organized by students from Texas Health Science Centers across the state to address the needs of the LGBT population. Offers continuing education credits. Students $15, General $50, Healthcare professionals $120. UNT Health Science Center, Medical Education Training Building, 1000 Montgomery St.,Fort Worth. Register at UNTHSC.edu/OutForHealth.
• Feb. 2: Rugby skills session
Learn the fundamentals of rugby with Lost Souls Rugby, which is entering the second half of its season and training to compete at the North American championships. Skills session is from 10 a.m.-noon at Bayles Elementary School, 2444 Telegraph Ave.
• Feb. 2: Jocks Collecting Socks
Lost Souls Rugby is collecting socks for the Austin Street Center. Bring new socks from 1-4 p.m. to the Round-Up Saloon, 3912 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 2: TWCD Annual Gala
The Women’s Chorus of Dallas annual gala includes food, drink, live music, dancing, silent auction and an art show local visual artists with a percentage benefiting TWCD from 7-10 p.m. at Sammons Center for the Arts, 3630 Harry Hines Blvd. Tickets at TheWomensChorusofDallas.com.
• Feb. 4: Tyler Transgender Support
Tyler Transgender Support Group meets at 7 p.m. in the Genecov Room, Tyler Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler.
• Feb. 5: Classic Chassis Car Club
LGBT car enthusiasts meet from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Ojeda’s, 4617 Maple Ave.
• Feb. 5: Prime Timers
Monthly lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, 3312 Forest Lane.
• Feb. 9: Love Equality
The Equality Texas Dallas Steering committee presents Love Equality, a night of dancing with drinks and light food, benefitting Equality Texas, will be held from 8-11 p.m. at 7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd. Ste. 107. Advance tickets are $50 until Dec. 31, and $75 from Jan. 1-Feb. 1, online at Secure.EveryAction.com/HZCrJuU7wUaaHFlftkj1Sg2. Tickets at the door $100.
• Feb. 9: Prime Timers
Brunch at 11 a.m. at Le Peep, 4835 N. O’Connor Road, Irving.
• Feb. 9: Red Tie Reception
Coalition for Aging LGBT presents Red Tie Reception: A Lover’s Celebration with dance, drag show and raffle prizes from 4-7 p.m. at Hurst Convention Center, 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst. Free tickets at CFA.lgbt.
• Feb. 9: LGBT Speed Dating
Real Live Connection presents LGBT speed dating fundraiser happy hour from 5-8 p.m. at Alexandre’s, 4026 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 10: Underwear Auction
Team Metro underwear auction to raise money for the Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS Fund from 5-9 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• Feb. 10: Prime Timers
Visit then games at a private home from 2:30-5 p.m. RSVP by text or call 214-218-0912.
• Feb. 12: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 7-8:30 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 12: Tyler PFLAG
Parents, family and friends of LGBT people meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Genecov Room, Tyler Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler.
• Feb. 12: Prime Timers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Saltgrass Steakhouse, 13561 N. Central Expressway.
• Feb. 13: Pride Night–Falsettos
Pride Night at the national tour of Falsettos in collaboration with the Turtle Creek Chorale at 7:30 p.m. at Winspear Opera House, 2403 Flora St. Discounted tickets $30-60 at ATTPAC.org.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is counselor Candy Marcum; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
Lost Souls Rugby hold a skills session and a sock collection drive to benefit the Austin Street Center, both on Saturday, Feb. 2. See listings for details.