Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Sept. 7: A March to End Violence
Dallas Police Department sponsors a march to help end violence in the city and support those who have been victims. Meet at 9 a.m. in Deep Ellum at 200 N. Crowdus and march to 2639 Main St.
• Sept. 8: PositiviTEA
A Legacy brunch benefiting the Grace Project Women’s Conference from
1-4 p.m. at The Mack Grand Ballroom at SMU, 3300 Dyer St. Tickets at Positivitea.com.
• Sept. 8: Prime Timers
Games at 2 p.m. hosted by Brian in Carrollton. For directions, call 214-218-0912. For more information go to PrimeTimersWW.net/DFW.
• Sept. 9: Creating Change Host Committee Meeting
The Task Force needs volunteers to plan the January 15-19 Creating Change Conference in Dallas. Committees include fundraising, special events, hospitality, recruitment. Dinner at 7 p.m. and meeting from 7:30-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. For more information visit CreatingChange.org.
• Sept. 9: Stonewall Democrats of Rockwall County
Monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at Shenaniganz, 1290 I-30 East, Rockwall. shenaniganz.com/locations/rockwall.
• Sept. 9: Stonewall Democrats of Tarrant County
Legislative update with state Sen. Beverly Powell at 7 p.m. at The Women’s Club of Fort Worth, 1316 Pennsylvania Ave., Fort Worth.
• Sept. 10: Grief group
Grief group for persons who have lost a same-sex spouse meets the second and fourth Tuesdays each month from 6:45-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Sept. 10: Pathfinders
Pathfinders group is a community resource for trans masculine individuals (including non-binary trans masculine people and binary trans men), age 18+ in the North Texas/DFW area. Meets the second Tuesday of every month from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Oak Lawn Library Auditorium, 4100 Cedar Springs Road.
• Sept. 10: Prime Timers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Mei Mei Chinese Buffet, 10455 N. Central Expressway. RSVP. 214-218-0912. For more information go to PrimeTimersWW.net/DFW.
• Sept. 10: Oak Lawn Committee
Public meeting at 6:30 p.m. at The Melrose Hotel, 3015 Oak Lawn Ave.
• Sept. 12: Chamber Business Connections Mixer
North Texas LGBT Chamber of Commerce business connections mixer from 5:30-7 p.m. at Te Deseo, 2700 N. Olive St.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is documentary maker Scott Poggensee; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets Mondays from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road, Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. Wednesdays for Breakfast Club from 10 a.m.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave and Thursdays for Rainbow Rec from 10 am.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave.; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run at Oak Lawn Park, near the intersection of Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at noon, 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 11 p.m. at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 6525 Inwood Road. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.