Steve Noviello hosts the annual Landmark Dinner, a fundraiser for Lambda Legal, on Saturday, Aug. 3. See listings for details.
Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Aug. 2: United Court
UCLSE presents Hot Country, benefiting Safe To Be, from 7-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave. For information visit DallasCourt.org.
• Aug. 3: Rainbow Salsa classes
Classes offering instruction in Puerto Rican-style salsa basic moves for singles and couples will be from 10 a.m.-noon at Trinity Metropolitan Community Church, 933 E. Ave. J, Grand Prairie. $35 for four classes. For information visit TrinityMCC.org.
• Aug. 3: Prime Timers
B-A-F at 12:30 p.m. at 2 Guys from Italy, 11637 Webb Chapel Road. RSVP. For information or to RSVP visit PrimeTimersww.net/dfw.
• Aug. 3: Drag Diva Brunch
Doors open at 11 a.m. Show at noon at House of Blues, 2200 N. Lamar St. Tickets at DragDiva.com/dallas-tx.
• Aug. 3: Creating Change volunteer training
Creating Change returns to Dallas in January 2020. This meeting is for people interested in volunteering and becoming involved with the conference from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. For information visit CreatingChange.org.
• Aug. 3: HRC Coast Back in to School
School supply drive benefiting Jonathan’s Place from 4-6 p.m. at Thunderbird Roller Rink, 3200 Thunderbird Lane, Plano. For information visit DFWFederalClub.org.
• Aug. 3: Landmark Dinner
The Landmark Dinner, the annual fundraiser for Lambda Legal, honors state Rep. Julie Johnson and is hosted by Steve Noviello at 6 p.m. at The Adolphus Hotel, 1321 Commerce St. Tickets at LambdaLegal.org.
• Aug. 4: NOH8
Cocktails and conversation with Wil supports the NoH8 campaign from 2-4 p.m. in the Great Room on the second floor of W Dallas, 2440 Victory Park Lane.
• Aug. 5: TTSG
Tyler Transgender Support Group meets at 7 p.m. in Genecov Room, Tyler Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler. TylerAreaGays.com.
• Aug. 6: Classic Chassis Car Club
LGBT car enthusiasts meet from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Ojeda’s,
4617 Maple Ave. For more information visit ClassicChassis.com.
• Aug. 6: Prime Timers
First Tuesday lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, 3312 Forest Lane.
• Aug. 6: Oak Lawn Committee meeting
Membership limited to those who live, work or own property in Oak Lawn at 6:30 p.m. at The Melrose Hotel, 3015 Oak Lawn Ave.
• Aug. 8: Business Connections Mixer
North Texas GLBT Chamber mixer from 5:30-7 p.m. at Two Corks and a Bottle, The Quadrangle, 2800 Routh St. Suite 140. Free to chamber members and guests.
• Aug. 9: DFW Pride Happy Hour
Happy hour from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Mattito’s, 3102 Oak Lawn Ave.
• Aug. 9-10: Our Stories
Youth First presents Our Stories, a showcase of monologues, poetry, music, dance and more as part of Youth First’s Creative Works Summer Program from 7-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Aug. 10: Silver Pride Project
Movie night from 5:30-8 p.m. at Grauwyler Library, 2146 Gilford St. SilverPrideProject.com.
• Aug. 11: Prime Timers
Games hosted in Carrollton by Brian at 2 p.m. Call for directions 214-218-0912.
• Aug. 12: Creating Change Host Committee Meeting
The Task Force needs volunteers to plan the January 15-19 Creating Change Conference in Dallas. Committees include fundraising, special events, hospitality, recruitment. Dinner at 7 p.m. and meeting from 7:30-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. For more information visit CreatingChange.org.
• Aug. 12: Women’s dinner
Tyler Area Gays women’s group dinner at 6 p.m. at Chuy’s, 5935 S. Broadway, Tyler. TylerAreaGays.com.
• Aug. 13: Grief group
Grief group for persons who have lost a same-sex spouse meets the second and fourth Tuesdays each month from 6:45-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Aug. 13: Prime Timers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Saltgrass, 13561 N. Central Expressway. RSVP.
• Aug. 13: East Texas PFLAG
East Texas PFLAG meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Genecov Room, Tyler Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler. TylerAreaGays.com.
• Aug. 13: Pathfinders
Pathfinders group is a community resource for trans masculine individuals (including non-binary trans masculine people and binary trans men), age 18+ in the North Texas/DFW area. Meets the second Tuesday of every month from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Oak Lawn Library Auditorium, 4100 Cedar Springs Road.
• Aug. 14: PFLAG Longview
PFLAG Longview meets from 7-8:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 301 N. Center St., Longview. TylerAreaGays.com.
• Aug. 15: Rainbow LULAC-BEB school supply drive
Rainbow LULAC and Congregation Beth El Binah team up once again for a school supply drive for Oak Lawn-area schools. LULAC will also announce its scholarship winners. Drop-off at 7 p.m. at Havana, 4006 Cedar Springs Road.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is counselor Candy Marcum; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets Mondays from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road, Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. Wednesdays for Breakfast Club from 10 a.m.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave and Thursdays for Rainbow Rec from 10 am.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave.; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run at Oak Lawn Park, near the intersection of Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.