Miss LifeWalk takes place at 6 p.m. on Sunday in The Rose Room. See listings for more details.
Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at email@example.com by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• July 26-28: QuakeCon
Gamers from around the world are in town for a four-day video game festival from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at the Gaylord Texas, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine. Quakecon.com.
• July 27: DFW Federal Club Summer Luncheon
The DFW Federal Club holds its Summer Luncheon. A panel discusses HRC’s legislative partnership with Planned Parenthood. Former Dallas Voice reporter James Russell moderates at 11 a.m. at the Tower Club, 1601 Elm St. in downtown Dallas. For information visit DFWFederalClub.org.
• July 27: Self defense classic
Dallas police have partnered with Chamberlain Self Defense Studios to offer an LGBTQ self defense class from noon-3 p.m. at Juanita Craft Recreation Center, 4500 Spring Ave. Space is limited so make a reservation at Eventbrite.
• July 27: UCLSE Motown vs. Disco
The United Court of the Lone Star Empire presents “Mowtown vs. Disco, from 6-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave. Proceeds benefit AIN. For information visit DallasCourt.org.
• July 27: Trans/SOFFA support group
An open group for those who identify as other than their assigned birth gender, significant others, friends, family and allies at 5 p.m. at Heart of the Matter Healing Center, 2060 N. Collins Blvd., Richardson.
• July 28: UCLSE Men Are Cooking
The United Court of the Lone Star Empire presents “The Men Are Cooking,” from 2-5 p.m. at The Hidden Door, 5025 Bowser St. Proceeds benefit the UCLSE General Fund. For information visit DallasCourt.org.
• July 28: UCLSE A Night of Disney Magic
The United Court of the Lone Star Empire presents “A Night of Disney Magic,” from 6-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave. Proceeds benefit the Coalition for Aging LGBT. For information visit DallasCourt.org.
• July 28: Prime Timers
Games hosted by Harry and Tommy at 2 p.m. at 1702 Brighton Drive, Carrollton.
• July 28: Miss LifeWalk Pageant
Drag queens, fundraising and advocacy, oh, my. Cheer, tip and support your favorite Miss LifeWalk candidate. Doors open at 5 p.m. Pageant at 6 p.m. in the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road.
• July 28: Pack the Pantry
Hosted by Dallas Hope Charities and Cathedral of Hope. Bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry, which serves thousands of individuals and families each year from 9-11 a.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
• July 30: Steering Committee Happy Hour
Learn about joining the Equality Texas Dallas Steering Committee and the work they do from 6:30-8 p.m. at The Ross & Hall Beer Garten, 3300 Ross Ave.
• July 30: Democratic Debate
Stonewall Democrats hosts a candidate debate night 1 watch party from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Alexandre’s, 4026 Cedar Springs Road.
• July 31: Prime Timers
Dinner at 5 p.m. at Big Al’s Smokehouse BBQ, 3317 Inwood Drive.
• Aug. 2: United Court
UCLSE presents Hot Country benefiting Safe To Be from 7-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• Aug. 3: Rainbow Salsa classes
Puerto Rican style Salsa basic moves for singles and couples from 10 a.m.-noon at Trinity Metropolitan Community Church, 933 E. Ave. J, Grand Prairie. $35 for four classes.
• Aug. 3: Prime Timers
B-A-F at 12:30 p.m. at 2 Guys from Italy, 11637 Webb Chapel Road. RSVP.
• Aug. 3: Drag Diva Brunch
Doors open at 11 a.m. Show at noon at House of Blues, 2200 N. Lamar St. Tickets at DragDiva.com/dallas-tx.
• Aug. 3: Creating Change volunteer training
Creating Change returns to Dallas in January 2020. This meeting is for people interested in volunteering and becoming involved with the conference from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Aug. 3: HRC Coast Back in to School
School supply drive benefiting Jonathan’s Place from 4-6 p.m. at Thunderbird Roller Rink, 3200 Thunderbird Lane, Plano.
• Aug. 3: Landmark Dinner
Annual fundraiser for Lambda Legal honors state Rep. Julie Johnson and is hosted by Steve Noviello at 6 p.m. at The Adolphus Hotel, 1321 Commerce St. Tickets at LambdaLegal.org.
• Aug. 4: NOH8
Cocktails and conversation with Wil supports the NoH8 campaign from 2-4 p.m. in the Great Room on the second floor of W Dallas, 2440 Victory Park Lane.
• Aug. 6: Classic Chassis Car Club
LGBT car enthusiasts meet from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Ojeda’s, 4617 Maple Ave. For more information visit ClassicChassis.com.
• Aug. 6: Prime Timers
First Tuesday lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, 3312 Forest Lane.
• Aug. 6: Oak Lawn Committee meeting
Membership limited to those who live, work or own property in Oak Lawn at 6:30 p.m. at The Melrose Hotel, 3015 Oak Lawn Ave.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guests are Tony Vedda and Chris Luna talking rainbow crosswalks; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets Mondays from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road, Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. Wednesdays for Breakfast Club from 10 a.m.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave, and Thursdays for Rainbow Rec from 10 am.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave.; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run at Oak Lawn Park, near the intersection of Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m., and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.