Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m.for that week’s issue.
• June 7: MetroBall 14
Maxine Nightingale, Robin S and Lisa Lisa headline the 14th annual Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS
Fund fundraiser at 7 p.m. at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Tickets at GDMAF.org.
• June 7-9: You Are Light
Based on the work of Brene Brown, The Turtle Creek Chorale focuses on the role of music in shaping what we think about ourselves and how we love others with personal stories of challenge and triumph on Friday and Saturday at
7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. at City Performance Hall, 2520 Flora St.
• June 7: Calcutta at Sue Ellen’s
Calcutta, caddy and team auction benefitting HRC at 6:30 p.m. at Sue Ellen’s, 3014 Throckmorton St.
• June 8: Celebration Golf Tournament
Celebration Community Church 20th annual golf tournament at Pecan Valley Golf Course, 6400 Pecan Valley Drive, Fort Worth.
• June 8: Fairway to Equality
HRC’s Fairway to Equality Golf Tournament holds shot gun start at 10 a.m. at Indian Creek Golf Club,
1650 W. Frankfort Road, Carrollton. $125 per person. Ticket includes golf bag valet, golf, post tournament meal and gift bag.
• June 8: Corpus Christi Pride Parade
The third annual Corpus Christi Pride Parade culminates a week of Pride events. The parade runs 3-4 p.m. from Shoreline Boulevard and Mann Street and ends at Water’s Edge Park. For more information on all of Corpus Christi’s Pride events, visit PrideCorpusChristi.com.
• June 8: Uptown Picnic in Cole Park
Yemoja Foundation presents Uptown Picnic in Cole Park, a festival-style fundraiser for the group’s inaugural project, Uncle Nebuchadnezzar’s Mobile Garden. $5,000 in raffles, bounce house, all ages basketball contest, big screen karaoke competition and more. Cole Park, 4000 Cole Ave.
• June 8: Prime Timers
Brunch at 11 a.m. at Original Pancake House, 4343 W. Northwest Highway followed by Taste of Dallas at 2 p.m. at Market Hall, 2200 Stemmons Freeway. TasteOfDallas.org/tickets.
• June 9: Tony Awards watch party
Dallas Voice presents a Tony Awards watch party at 6:30 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse–Lakewood, 6770 Abrams Road.
• June 9: Prime Timers
Games in Oak Cliff hosted by Dave at 2 p.m. at 2506 Bridal Wreath Lane.
• June 10: Creating Change Host Committee Meeting
The Task Force needs 50-75 volunteers over the next eight months to plan parties, workshops, dances, community housing, recruit attendees, read proposals and more. Four sub-committees will be forming: fundraising, special events, hospitality, recruitment. Dinner at 7 p.m. and meeting from 7:30-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• June 10: Estate planning
LGBTQ+ estate planning presented by Attorney Lorie Burch from 6-7 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St.
• June 11: Fort Worth Pride Month Proclamation
Fort Worth Councilwoman Ann Zadeh presents a Pride proclamation to the LGBT community at 7:30 p.m. at
Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St., Fort Worth.
• June 11: Texas Business Equality Conference
Brings together local businesses, LGBT and other certified businesses, employee resource group members and corporate diversity/supplier diversity professionals from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• June 11: Prime Timers
Dinner at Babe’s, 1456 Beltline Road, Garland.
• June 12: Pre-Juneteenth
From 10 p.m.-2 a.m. at Marty’s Live, 4207 Maple Ave.
• June 12: Rainbow Movie Night
The Silver Pride Project Presents Rainbow Movie Night. Enjoy an LGBTQ+ themed movie, snacks, conversation, and community from 5:30-7:45 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St.
• June 12: United Court
Club night/Game show from 7-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• June 13-20: Juneteenth Unity Celebration
• June 13: Opening welcome celebration
Opening welcome celebration from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. at Deja Vu, 10945 Composite Drive. Followed by After Party from midnight-4 a.m. at Babylon, 11311 Harry Hines Blvd.
• June 14: Gay Pride Shabbat
Congregation Beth El Binah in partnership with Temple Shalom LGBTQ Pride, Rainbow Roundup and the UNA-USA Dallas Committee on Refugees presents its annual Gay Pride Interfaith Shabbat with beverage reception at 6:15 p.m., service at 7 p.m. and Oneg Shabbat dessert at 8 p.m. at Congregation Beth El Binah-Northaven Church, 11211 Preston Road.
• June 14: DFW Pride Happy Hour
Celebrate Pride from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Open Palette, Sheraton Dallas, 400 N. Olive St.
• June 14: Juneteenth party
From 10 p.m.-2 a.m. at Marty’s Live, 4207 Maple Ave. After Party from midnight-4 a.m. at Babylon, 11311 Harry Hines Blvd.
• June 14: Prime Timers
Happy hour at 5:30 p.m. at JR.’s Bar & Grill, 3923 Cedar Springs Road.
• June 14: United Court
A Night of Magic benefits Youth First from 7-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• June 15: Trinity Pride Fest
A night of music, fun and food from 4-9 p.m. at Magnolia Green Park, 12-1 Lipscomb St., Fort Worth.
• June 15: Oak Cliff Pride
Hosted by Texas Latino Pride from 5-10 p.m. at CocoAndre Chocolatier, 508 W. Seventh St.
• June 15: QCinema
Beyond Stonewall at 2 p.m. at Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, 3200 Darnell St., Fort Worth. Tickets at Qcinema.org.
• June 15: United Court
Emperor & Empress Ball benefits Resource Center Nutrition Center from 6-10 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• June 15: Unicorn Gaybingo
Gaybingo from 5-9 p.m. at the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Tickets at rcdallas.org.
• June 15: Longview Pride
From 1-8 p.m. at Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center, 100 Grand Blvd., Longview. Sixth annual event includes food trucks, shopping, a beer garden, live entertainment and an outdoor children’s area.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is Watauga City Councilman Scott Prescher; The Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets every Tuesday from 10 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. ; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Turtle Creek Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.