Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or
Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Feb. 14: Valentines Day
• Feb. 15: Heart On Gaybingo
From 5-9 p.m. at The Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Feb. 15: Red Tie
Dinner, dance, silent auction and raffles is an ally-friendly fundraiser for Celebration Church on the Lake’s outreach program. Last year, money went to buy school supplies for area schools and to a local food bank, a pet rescue, the tri-county library and more. From 5:30-11 p.m. at The Legacy Event Center, 2205 W. Main St., Gun Barrel City. Tickets available online at COTL.church. $50.
• Feb. 15: Classic Chassis lunch
Classic Chassis Car Club gets together for lunch at noon at Original Market Diner, 4434 Harry Hines Blvd.
• Feb. 15: Love Equality
An event benefitting Equality Texas is a night of celebration and dancing with drinks and light food from 8-11 p.m. at Seven for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd., Suite 107. Tickets at Secure.Everyaction.com.
• Feb. 15: Impulse Group
An Impulse Group five-year celebration with cocktails, music and dancing, dinner and presentation at 7 p.m.
at Sixty Five Hundred, 6500 Cedar Springs Road #200. Impulsegrp.org.
• Feb. 15: The Lesbrarian
A night of dinner and comedy with Karyn the Lesbrarian performing her compilation of Library Humor of the Day from 6-8:30 p.m. at El Noa Noa, 1915 N. Central Expressway, Plano.
$8 through Eventbrite. $10 at the door.
• Feb. 16: Dallas Bears Teddy Bear Auction
Auction benefits AIDS Services Dallas. Item drop off begins at 3 p.m. and auction starts at 7 p.m. at the Round-Up Saloon, 3912 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 17: President’s Day
Honoring our presidents who haven’t been impeached.
• Feb. 17: Voices of Women Poetry Contest
Join The Women’s Chorus of Dallas at a rehearsal for Voices of Women VI and write a poem inspired by your visit. Judge Edyka Chilome will select winners in two categories — student and adult — to receive a cash prize and be featured at Voices of Women VI: Travelin’ Voices on March 5 at Moody Performance Hall. TWCD rehearses at 7 p.m. at Sammons Center for the Arts, 3630 Harry Hines Blvd.
• Feb. 18: Monthly Classic Car Happy Hour
Bring your classic and park in the reserved area behind TMC for happy hour at 6 p.m. at JR.’s Bar & Grill, 3923 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 19: PrimeTimers
Lunch at 12:30 p.m. at the Charco Broiler, 413 W. Jefferson Blvd. Info at 214-218-0912.
• Feb. 20: THRIVE movie night
Movie night, with dinner from 6-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 20: Discussion on Tap
For those seeking to explore their spirituality in a safe space, a discussion of various biblical and theology topics for those who have been hurt or pushed out of organized religion from 6:30-8 p.m. at Cantina Laredo, 6025 Royal Lane.
• Feb. 21: DFW Federal Club Happy Hour
Love is Love. Join HRC DFW Federal Club at the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum, 300 N. Houston St. Parking in the garage is $8.
• Feb. 21: Toast to Life Sponsor Party
• Feb. 21: LGBTQ Global Symposium on Equality and Human Rights
A coalition of Dallas-based organizations presents a symposium on equality and human rights. A diverse group of LGBTQ and ally presenters will highlight Dallas’ rich history of moving from openly opposing to vocally championing human rights and equality from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Southern Methodist University, Tickets at DFWWorld.org.
• Feb. 22: Turtle Creek Chorale gala
Idina Menzel performs at a gala benefiting the Turtle Creek Chorale at 7:30 p.m. at The Statler, 1914 Commerce St. TurtleCreekChorale.com.
• Feb. 22: AOC Benefit Dance Concert
AIDS Outreach Center presents Dance TCU, DBDT: Encore, Jordan Fuchs Company, Texas Ballet Theater and more at 7:30 p.m. at Studio Theatre in Erma Lowe Hall. $20, students $5. 817-257-4255 for reservations.
• Feb. 23: PrimeTimers
Games in Plano at 2 p.m. For address and directions call 214-218-0912.
• Feb. 23: The Icon Show
Tasha Kohl presents The Icon Show, featuring Cassie Nova, Evah Destruction, Porter Bella Graves and Mulan Alexander. 7 p.m. in the Rose Room inside S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Tickets available online at Icon9.BPT.me.
• Feb. 25: Get Centered Tour
Tour Resource Center and learn about its programs from 5-6:30 p.m. at 5750 Cedar Springs Road. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Feb. 25: Steve Grand
Steve Grand performs benefiting the Suicide and Crisis Center at 7:30 p.m. at the Bob Hope Theatre, Owen Arts Center, 6101 Bishop St. $75-150. Tickets at SteveGrandDallas.com.
• Feb. 25: Same-sex partner grief group
Grief group for those who have lost a same-sex partner through death from 6:45-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 25: PrimeTimers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Alfonso’s Italian, 718 N. Buckner Blvd. #222. Info at 214-218-0912.
• Feb. 27: Let’s Talk
THRIVE’s Let’s Talk topic is Keeping Active. Snacks provided from 6-8 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 28: Go Red for Women Luncheon
The American Heart Association luncheon features Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum who’s devoted her career to early detection, education and prevention of heart disease at Omni Dallas Hotel, 555 S. Lamar St. GoRedForWomen.org.
• Feb. 28-29: Austin Car Club meet up
LGBT car clubs from around Texas meet at LaQuinta Inn, 11901 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin. ClassicChassis.com.
• Feb. 29: Understanding Transgender Identities and Realities
Deepen understanding of transgender topics and practice skills to be a great ally from 6-9 p.m. at First Unitarian Church of Dallas, 4015 Normandy Ave. $10. Register at dct.org/andiboi.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is Equality Texas CEO Ricardo Martinez; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets Mondays from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road, Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. Wednesdays for Breakfast Club from 10 a.m.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave. and Thursdays for Rainbow Rec from 10 am.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave.; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St. First Monday is birthday night at 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email email@example.com; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run at Oak Lawn Park, near the intersection of Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Mondays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive, program of Resource Center for LGBTQ adults 50+ support group every Monday from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by free lunch at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at noon, 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 11 p.m. at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 6525 Inwood Road. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.