Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Jan. 10: DFW Pride Happy Hour
LGBT Chamber of Commerce presents its first happy hour of the new year from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Crab House Seafood & Oyster Bar, 2508 Maple Ave. LGBTChamber.com.
• Jan. 11: Let’s Glow Crazy
Rainbow Roundup celebrates the New Year with a family glow dance party. Glow sticks provided, glow crafts, picture booth, food from 6-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Jan. 11-12: Stonewall Democrats Primary Screening
Members hear from candidates in all of the primary races and vote on endorsements from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and 2-6 p.m. on Sunday at
Sue Ellen’s, 3014 Throckmorton St.
• Jan. 12: Sweat for a Cause
Join Equality Texas – Dallas and Barry’s Bootcamp for a feel good workout. Each spot for this class is $32 with the proceeds befitting Equality Texas from 2-3 p.m. at Barry’s Dallas, 3600 McKinney Ave., Suite 150. EqualityTexas.org.
• Jan. 13: Stonewall Tarrant County
State Rep. Nicole Collier speaks at Stonewall Democrats of Tarrant County from 7-8 p.m. at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth.
• Jan. 14: Mingle with TWCD
Mingle with The Women’s Chorus of Dallas with 25 percent of your dinner bill going to support the chorus from 4-9:30 p.m. at Rocco’s Uptown,
2717 Howell St. TWCD.org.
• Jan. 14: Same-sex partner grief group
Grief group for those who have lost a same-sex partner through death from 6:45-8 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Jan. 15: Ribbon cutting
The North Texas LGBT Chamber holds a ribbon cutting from 4-5 p.m. at Trusted ER – Uptown, 3607 Oak Lawn Ave. LGBTChamber.com.
• Jan. 15-19: Creating Change
The annual LGBTQ activist conference. The first two days are all-day institutes. Friday-Sunday are workshops, plenaries, entertainment and plenty of time to visit with activists from around the country at the Sheraton Dallas,
400 Olive St. CreatingChange.org.
• Jan. 16: THRIVE Game Night
Game night with food, drinks and friends. Free event for LGBTQ adults 50+ from 6-8 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road. Questions to THRIVE@myresourcecenter.org.
• Jan. 16: Metabolic Issues in HIV
Lipids, lipodystrophy and obesity are addressed by Dr. Daniel Lee of the Owens Clinic. Targeted at physicians, healthcare providers, pharmacists, social workers from 6:30-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Jan. 18: Roaring 20s Gaybingo
From 5-9 p.m. at The Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Jan. 18: Bowling with the
An evening of bowling from 6:45-9:30 p.m. at USA Bowl, 10920 Composite Drive. RSVP to email@example.com no later than Jan. 15. DallasBears.org.
• Jan. 18: Author reads
Gay Dallas author Larry Sanders reads from his book Incoming!— Memories of a Combat Medic: Growing Up Poor, Getting Drafted to Vietnam, Coming Home and Coming Out at 2 p.m. at Half Price Books, 5803 E. Northwest Highway.
• Jan. 17-19: Women Lead
Human Rights Campaign presents Women Lead Summit: Leading into the Future at Westin Dallas, 1201 Main St. HRC.org.
• Jan. 18-19: Reconnecting Through Art
Reunidos en arte includes visual artists from The Stewpot, Dallas, and Jonathan Palant’s Credo Choir perform on Saturday from noon-4 p.m. at El Punto, Ciudad Juarez and on Sunday from
1-5 p.m. at El Paso County Coliseum, 4100 E. Paisano Drive, El Paso.
• Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Jan. 20: MLK Day of Service
with HRC DFW
Volunteers will help by sorting donations and cleaning up around the shelter from 8 a.m.-noon at Jonathan’s Place, 6065 Duck Creek Drive, Garland. No photography. volunteersignup.org/WLJWH.
• Jan. 20: Messy’s Chili Cookoff
Awards for the Best Chili. Fan Favorite, the Hottest Chili, Best Presentation, and Better Luck Next Year as well as auction items from 2-5 p.m. at The Hidden Door, 5025 Bowser St.
• Jan. 21: DIVA new member clinics
Dallas Independent Volleyball Association holds new member clinic for anyone interested in playing volleyball, learning about volleyball or joining the league from 6:30-9 p.m.
at Brookhaven College, 3939 Valley View Lane. DIVADallas.org.
• Jan. 22: DIVA new member clinics
Dallas Independent Volleyball Association holds new member clinic for anyone interested in playing volleyball, learning about volleyball or joining the league from 6:30-9 p.m. at Brookhaven College, 3939 Valley
View Lane. DIVADallas.org.
• Jan. 23: Toast to Life mixer
Learn more about Resource Center’s signature event Toast to Life from
5:30-7:30 p.m. at Mama Tried Deep Ellum, 215 Henry St. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Jan. 23: THRIVE Discussion Group
Let’s Talk peer-led discussion group for LGBTQ adults 50+. This week’s topic is Navigating Aging from 6-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. Questions to THRIVE@myresourcecenter.org.
• Jan. 23: DIVA new member clinics
Dallas Independent Volleyball Association holds new member clinic for anyone interested in playing volleyball, learning about volleyball or joining the league from 6:30-9 p.m. at Brookhaven College, 3939 Valley View Lane. DIVADallas.org.
• Jan. 24: Educare
Educare presents Becoming Visible: LGBTQ+ Care from Theory to Practice with keynote speaker Tim Johnson from SAGE discussing serious and unique health challenges due to historically unfair and cruel treatment from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, 9200 Inwood Road. Register at EduCareDallas.com.
• Jan. 26: DFW Trans Kids and Families fundraiser
Wine tasting and scholarship fundraiser for DFW Trans Kids and Families of Texas from 2-6 p.m. at the Wine Therapist, 1909 Skillman St. Tickets at Events.Eventzilla.net.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week Cathy Renna discusses Creating Change; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Convo for LGBTQ+ seniors meets Mondays from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road, Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Grauwyler Park Branch Library, 2146 Gilford St. Wednesdays for Breakfast Club from 10 a.m.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave. and Thursdays for Rainbow Rec from 10 am.-noon at Reverchon Recreation Center, 3505 Maple Ave.; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St. First Monday is birthday night at 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run at Oak Lawn Park, near the intersection of Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Mondays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive, program of Resource Center for LGBTQ adults 50+ support group every Monday from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by free lunch at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at noon, 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 11 p.m. at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 6525 Inwood Road. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.